Here are just a few examples of what a coach might do for you:
• Be there, day or night. Unlike a sponsor, who is a volunteer, a coach works for the Client. If a Client needs them at 3 a.m. because they think they might drink or use, they will be there. Recovery Coaches are available to accompany Clients to Company parties, or engagements. Recovery Coaches are available to travel with their Clients on business, or may pick the Client up from work every day and bring them home.
• Keep you accountable. A Recovery Coach will make sure the Client does what they say they will do and will take the necessary steps to make sure a Client is not using (or acting on a Behavioural Disorder). This could mean random drug testing or checking a Client's house for stashes. Recovery Coaches can provide a Client's family with substance abuse education and information, including alcohol use disorder, drug addiction, brain disorders and what to expect when a Client enters and comes home from treatment.
• Find resources. A Recovery Coach can help Clients find the resources needed to get more treatment or to engage in other activities that will enrich their life, like education or finding a better job. A Recovery Coach may assist clients to help take up old hobbies or interests which at one time enriched a clients life. A Recovery Coach may also offer references for, or assist clients in locating, doctors, practitioners, therapists or group therapy which may be of benefit to the client.
• Help you set and achieve goals. Coaches want their clients to succeed, but they will not do the work for them. A Recovery Coach can help a Client realize what goals they want to achieve and will guide them towards their successful conclusion.
• Motivate you and help you celebrate achievements. Recovery is never a straight line and for each step or two forward, sometimes there may be a step back or a set back, however a Recovery Coach will help a Client notice achievements made which sometimes may go unnoticed by others or even the Client. Coaches are great at helping clients stay motivated by "cheering them on" like a cheerleader even if there are a couple of set backs, or even perhaps a relapse into old behaviours that distract clients from their goals. Recovery Coaches guide clients with empathy and compassion and help clients recognise their own wisdom and positive skills.
• Teach communication with family. Getting back together with family after substance misuse can be tricky. A coach will help you learn to reconnect in a productive, healthy way and learn how to put boundaries in place realizing that each member of the family is responsible for their own recovery.
WHERE WE WORK:
We provide in home services and see patients at our conveniently located offices in Prati. Office visits at Via Catone 21, 5th floor. Take the elevator to the right after the hallway. Parking is nearby off of Via dei Gracchi and Piazza dell'Unita'. Phone (English speaking) +39.342.812.7620
Recovery Specialist Services are available internationally and Recovery Coaching may be conducted both via telephone and internet.