Here are just a few examples of what a coach might do for you:
• Be there, day or night. Unlike a sponsor, who is a volunteer, a coach works for you. If you need him at 3 a.m. because you think you might drink or use, she will be there.
• Keep you accountable. A coach will make sure you do what you say you will do and will take the necessary steps to make sure you aren’t using. This could mean random drug testing or checking your house for stashes.
• Find resources. A coach can help you find the resources you need to get more treatment or to engage in other activities that will enrich your life, like education or finding a better job.
• Help you set and achieve goals. Coaches want their clients to succeed, but they will not do the work for them. A coach can help you realize what goals you want to achieve and will guide you toward their successful conclusion.
• Teach communication with family. Getting back together with family after substance misuse can be tricky. A coach will help you learn to reconnect in a productive, healthy way and learn how to put boundaries in place realizing that each member of the family is responsible for their own recovery.
We are conveniently located in Rome's center near Piazza del Risorgamento off of via Cola di Rienzo. Our address is Via Catone 21, 5th floor. Take the elevator to the right after the hallway.
Parking is nearby off of Via dei Gracchi and Piazza dell'Unita'. Phone (English speaking) +39.342.812.7620
La Promessa is a non-profit organization. We accept donations. For information on donating to our organization please go to http://5x1000lapromessa.org.